Microsoft ha rilasciato una nuova Insider Preview di Windows 10 Creators Update per PC e tablet. Si tratta della Build 14971 scaricabile da tutti gli insider che hanno scelto di ricevere aggiornamenti dal Fast Ring del Windows Insider Program.
Tra le novità di rilievo portate da questa nuova Preview di Windows 10, Dona Sarkar cita le seguenti:
- Supporto ai file EPUB in Microsoft Edge
- Paint 3D Preview viene preinstallata in Windows 10
- PowerShell diventa la shell di comando di Esplora file a va a sostituire il vecchio Prompt dei Comandi (aka “cmd.exe”)
- Migliorie per l’Input Method Editor per le lingue giapponese e cinese
- L’app “Ottieni Office” diventa “Office Hub” e permetterà di scoprire e lanciare le app di Office e visualizzare i documenti recenti in un’unica app, vedi questo screenshot.
Elenco dei fix e delle migliorie:
- First introduced to Insiders in Build 14926, the experimental “Snooze” action on a tab in Microsoft Edge which provides you with a way to set a Cortana reminder on the website you are viewing is no longer available. Based on data we gathered and feedback we received, we decided to remove it from the product and re-evaluate the feature for a future release.
- The cursor will no longer be shown while inking – we believe this makes the experience feel even more like pen on paper. Try it out and let us know what you think!
- We’ve improved reliability when using the protractor and inking in Sketchpad.
- We’ve updated some of our desktop wizards (including “map a network drive” and “extract from zip”) to now be proportionally sized when moved across monitors.
- We fixed an issue where Magnifier’s keyboard shortcuts sometimes wouldn’t work on the Lock screen.
- We fixed an issue that could result in sometimes not being able to completely remove files in the Windows.old folder using Disk Cleanup.
- We have enabled OAuth support for Yahoo Mail accounts. This will improve sync reliability for those accounts, and provide a more secure experience in the Outlook Mail app.
- We fixed an issue where trying to shut down the PC while certain Device Manager dialog boxes were open would result in the PC being stuck at the “Restarting…” screen.
- We fixed an issue where, as closing multiple tabs with middle click in Microsoft Edge, the width of the tabs might change, resulting in potentially unexpectedly closing the wrong tab.
- We fixed an issue where the copy link option when right-clicking a hyperlink in Microsoft Edge wasn’t work.
- We fixed an issue where, if you changed the size of the Microsoft Edge window, and then closed the app by closing the final tab, the next time Microsoft Edge is launched it would once again be the default size, rather than retaining the preferred window size.
- We fixed an issue where pinned tabs in Microsoft Edge were not being restored.
- We’ve made a number of translation improvements, including for Chinese speakers fixing a translation error in the dialog that appears when installing multiple fonts at once, as well as one in Settings > System > Battery. If you see any other translations that aren’t as you’d expect, please log feedback – we’re listening!
- We fixed an issue where, if you already hand a notification expanded in the Action Center, clicking the chevron to expand a second notification would result in it expanding then immediately closing.
- We fixed an issue where preferred Start menu width might not be preserved after rebooting.
- Navigating to Settings > System > Battery will crash the Settings app.
- Using keyboard monitor hotkeys to adjust brightness won’t work as expected. Desired brightness change could be done via the Action Center or by going to Settings > System > Display.
- Apps such as Store, Photos, and People may launch on their own after your PC has been inactive for a period of time. To stop these apps from launching on their own, un-maximize the app before closing it.
- As we have previously announced we are working on the Windows Holographic Shell that is going to be included in the upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update. In today’s flight you will see the Windows Holographic First Run app. While you will be able to launch the app and walk through the first few screens, it won’t detect any hardware. This app and the Windows Holographic Shell is still under active development here at Microsoft and with our partners.
Se siete iscritti al Windows Insider Program e avete attivato la ricezione delle Build Preview via Fast Ring vi basterà accedere a Windows Update e ricercare manualmente la presenza della nuova Build.
Nota: il Windows Insider Program non è un gioco. Microsoft rilascia le Insider Build Preview per ricevere feedback e suggerimenti dagli insider al fine di migliorare il proprio OS. Chi decide di partecipare al Programma è dunque chiamato a fornire il proprio contributo costruttivo attraverso l’app Feedback Hub e non a lamentarsi se qualcosa non funziona.
- Guida e info utili per l’installazione delle Build Preview di Windows
- Sito ufficiale del Windows Insider Program
- Discuti e confrontati con altri utenti su Nokioteca Forum